Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Car Seat Covers project

My latest project was to make covers for car seats. My daughter is now at the maximum length for the infant carseat and we will be installing the new car seats this weekend to transition her. It is still cold out and I don't want her to freeze, but I have not found covers for the larger models (though I have not searched the internet), so I decided to make covers. It can't be that hard, right?
Well, I got materials from Hobby Lobby and decided to venture out and give it a try. I wanted to add zippers but do not have much experience with sewing (other than from a class in 7th grade) and have never attempted zippers. So I scrapped that idea for now and just went really simple.  I had to make two since we have a car seat for my car as well as one for my husband's. I had enough material left over to make a couple blankets. I could have made both from the same material but I wanted to make a ladybug blanket for my daughter because she is our "little ladybug" so I got different material to make the second cover and then made a second blanket as well. Here is what I came up with:

I guess technically these could be considered reversible. I am pleased with how they turned out. Maybe when I figure out zippers I will make new ones (for the next baby). Project for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment