Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cookie dough yogurt

Who doesn't like cookie dough? I love it! I stopped using eggs in my dough over a year ago simply so I could eat the dough while nursing (or pregnant, next time). So when I saw this recipe I thought I would give it a try. It will be a great pregnancy and nursing snack as the version I made (with some small changes to the original recipe) is high in protein and fiber.

I found the original recipe here (click on picture):

I made a few small changes when I made it, and loved it! I think I will try a few other changes and see how they go.

For my changes:
I used Chobani vanilla fat free yogurt
I used Biscoff European cookie spread rather than peanut butter
I added only about 1/8 tsp vanilla
I did not add any sweetener.

I plan to try adding about 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup dry oatmeal to make it like an oatmeal cookie dough and see how that goes next time.

P.S. My 20 month old daughter LOVED this also. A great snack to remember for the future to keep her eating healthier without feeling like she has to give up on taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment